Friday, October 28, 2011

Told ya I'd blow it...

I knew I couldn't keep the updating on schedule... but I'm going to keep going.

So, this is my idea of a wonderful weekend... Storyboarding for class. Jim Hull, seriously awesome dude, asked us to board 3-5 minutes of our favorite scene from our favorite film... Well, how could I friggin' resist?!
Don't ask how long it took, because I couldn't keep track. HOURS were spent in the comfort of the CalArts Film Library, and many markers were sacrificed. My record was one marker in 3-4 hours. I was pretty high on the Sharpies after each session, which technically I did not care for because I just got a headache... Where's the appeal to sniffing markers?! Was I using the wrong kind?

Been having a tough time lately... Got nothing truly done last weekend, so I am paying for it now... In a funk, I heard that someone was hosting a Rocky Horror Picture Show viewing in the Bijou... so of course, not doing anything better, I went!
There was rice and waterguns, and someone beaned me in the head with a piece of toast... Still don't know if they aimed for me or not...




Tonight is the CalArts Halloween Party- but I'm not going. Just not in the mood. Got stuff to do. Since we are locked out of the building, I thought it'd be a great time to update this and just get various other stuff done before tomorrow.




In other respects, today was a highly productive day. I did laundry for the first time in two weeks... I was so busy last weekend that I just didn't have a chance and it was getting pretty hairy there at the end. But fresh laundry abounds now... XD Gawd, what fascinating stuff for you, eh, my dear reader? XD LOL "Jesus, the girl talks about LAUNDRY and NEVER posts any art- WTF?!"

Okay, back to art-related stuff. I am trying to storyboard my film and hammer out the story at the same time... It is harder than it sounds... Wish I had some art from that to show you, but don't yet. Sorry. Will try to get to that soon. Maybe after this weekend? I have basically decided that my film this year WILL have watercolor backgrounds. Now, whether they will be digital or tradition remains to be seen... Any input? Digital means they will be lovely and possibly changeable? But if I made them for real, that would be something I would have forever. Something tangible. I must admit, there is a great appeal in that to me. Someone give me input?

I think that's about all for now... Gonna do something- ANYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment