Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A little motivational phrase for you readers.

Read this again today and since he was one of my first artistic inspirations and influences, I felt the need to share.

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark.” ~ Michelangelo

I have always been one for setting my goal too high - and I have suffered REPEATEDLY for it! XD But eventually, you dust yourself off, and set a new goal (~still~ perhaps a little too high), and start over. Or at least, you SHOULD! If you hit that disappointment, and dejected and depressed, you just quit - then you will start to regret something else entirely: Never trying.

When I was in my younger, less-driven days, I did- well, SAID- I would do a lot of things. Like go to art school. HAHA! But I never actually DID anything about it! I just kept talking and talking and talking. Suddenly, ten years had passed and all my friends, who talked a lot less, had already gotten degrees and were starting their next phase. I was still sitting there, talking.

Now, I regret waiting less, but it's still there. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like now if I'd just DONE the things I talked about WHEN I talked about them. But rather than stew on it, I set new goals. Big, high ones. And if I fail- SO WHAT?! Better that than setting a low goal, achieving it, and not being challenged again in my life.

The final takeaway is: Don't quit. No goal is too high. And from a personal place- and it's NEVER too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment