Friday, October 11, 2013

Back in the Display Case!

Whoa... This is in the hall this week.



This is the most artwork I have had in the cases in... three years! Part of me is THRILLED! The rest of me is going, "WTH?! My class makes some great work! Why is mine in there?!"

I am seriously loving my Illustration and Sculpture classes with John Mahoney. I don't know if I am doing anything spectacular or anything, but what I ~am~ making in those classes is making me happy. And honestly- isn't that enough?
Speaking of Sculpture, I have made a little more progress on Kyros.

He has feet now as well as some ankles. He still needs calves and thighs. Hands are a WIP. They are also going to be one of the most difficult parts, I suspect.




Granted, he's not where he needs to be for me to finish him on time, hence why I plan to attack him like a maniac on Monday (holiday! YAY!). Basically, if I can have EVERYTHING done on him except maybe the hands and his clothes, I would be BEYOND happy!
I want to be ready on Tuesday at class to start on the next piece- a live model is coming in. I am actually totally pumped about starting another piece. I want to bring in a serious element of the surreal/supernatural to the human pose. Either by giving her a crazy pet or making her half-something, etc. I have seen some amazing sculpture pieces that I would like to keep in mind when I make her. Essentially, I want to go out of my comfort zone.

Beyond that, I sent in a progress file of my third year film. What's animated is animated, what's not- is... not. I'm not happy about it, but I am proud of how much I have done. So- blah!

Animation is hard. It takes a lot of time and work and dedication. If I hadn't had the life I had this summer, it might have been more complete, but then again- it might not have been worked on at all, if I hadn't had some of the amazing opportunities I had. I am grateful to those who made that possible and I do not regret all of the things I had to miss out on due to my promise to this film. I have had to say no to a lot of offers to go out and hang out and have fun because of my responsibility to this film.

I'm not saying that I didn't have ANY fun this summer- I did! I went to Disneyland, I saw the Getty for the first time and I learned a lot about myself. I have grown- maybe not because of this film- but certainly WITH it! Besides, I will finish it someday. It's my baby. I am still in love with this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment