Monday, October 1, 2012

Cinematography is AWESOME!

Okay, so my mentor, Dan told me to sign up for this class called Cinematography and Composition for Animation with Bill Perkins. I was a little unsure since I heard it was theory- or as someone so eloquently coined, "Like Dan Hansen's Layout class on crack." I'm not so good at theory, but I signed up for it. OMG! I am sooooo glad I did! This is turning out to be one of my favorite classes! We do lots of cool work and I feel like I might be getting better! I don't exactly see the immediate results yet, but I FEEL smarter! XD So here's some stuff we did for class homework. He asked us to do 8 compositions a week from real life. I didn't fully understand the assignment (he wanted it in stark B&W, I did full renders), so I failed and did it again after I saw everyone else's awesome homework. (Once again CalArts, you humble me by the amazing talent I go to class with and you have forced me to strive to improve myself again.)
Also- worked on some story thumbnails. Almost NONE of this is going to actually be used.

1 comment: