Monday, March 9, 2009

Crushed Illusions

"Dear Amanda,

I regret to inform you that, after a thorough evaluation of your application, we are unable to offer you admission to the Character Animation program at the California Institute of the Arts for the Fall 2009 semester.

Please understand that the admissions process requires that very difficult choices be made, and that these decisions are final. We are unable to reconsider admissions decisions after they have been reached. However, under no circumstances should our decision be understood as a reflection on your ability or potential. CalArts is dedicated to offering small classes with professional artists/instructors, and the large number of applicants we receive each year makes it impossible to accommodate every talented applicant.

Thank you for your interest in CalArts and for all the time and energy you invested in your application. We wish you the best in your academic and creative endeavors.

Sincerely,
Molly Ryan
Director of Admissions"

So it appears that I will be moving to San Francisco this year. My honest-to-goodness best wishes to all those who have been accepted and those yet-to-have-been accepted. I know you will do amazing things in the year to come and I look forward to seeing them. I will try to learn everything I can in the year I must now wait to try again and I only hope that after that year has passed, I will be worthy of your company.

2 comments:

  1. DUDE IF YOU MOVE TO SF THEN WE ARE ONLY ... 40 MINUTES AWAY :D I went to AAU for precollege for figure drawing and it's neat(though that was mostly cause it was in SF :D).

    I heard that like some people enter and don't do well cause they aren't used to the workload but some people really thrive, since SF AAU has a strong illustration program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *grins* I will have a lot of people close by, which is a huge comfort to me right now.

    Workload, smurkload! I am going to KICK ASS!

    ReplyDelete