Thursday, November 9, 2017

The Nail

"We interrupt our regularly scheduled nightly reading to bring you this important Blog Announcement..."

I've been thinking about this for a while, I think it's just time to call it what it is.

I am officially abandoning this blog. I've been failing spectacularly to do it for years now, I guess. I have no following to speak of, and I don't update it at all anymore, and it just feels like a stone dragging me down at this point... I'm not even sure blogs are a thing anymore. I feel like a relic from a by-gone era. I feel out of sync.

To tell you the complete truth, my few faithful followers still reading this, I no longer feel like an artist anymore.

I've tried to fight it and attempt to keep up, but I just can't. I can't keep lying to myself. I cannot find the time or energy to even draw a doodle, a sketch- nothing. This Inktober kind of really put things in perspective. I failed more than even I can believe.

So, thank you to my few followers. I am sorry if I let you down. While that is probably not accurate- the truth is, I let myself down. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the rest of my life. And how to use Twitter and Instagram, or what the hell a Tumblr is...haha

RIP Amanda Candler's Blog: Feb. 22, 2009 - Nov. 9, 2017

"We now return to our irregular sleep schedule."

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am afraid so. Blogs are no longer in vogue, just like me. haha

      Delete
  2. Let me know if you get a twitter! Been following this blog for years ever since my failed attempt at a Calarts career. I totally feel you on the burnout lol. My twitter is @burgerkingler

    ReplyDelete