Friday, September 28, 2012

Makin' Short Films!

So, I am in my third? week of my third year at CalArts?  Wow...  Time is flyin'!  I have officially signed up for my Mid-Res on November 2nd- EEK!  But- more interesting than that to me: I have made THREE "short films" in three weeks.

OH YEAH!  I am having so much fun!

So I thought I would link to my three films for you, my chosen few blog-followers!

The first: The Perseid Meteor Shower at Vasquez Rocks (August 12th, 2012)


I took 30 second exposures constantly for about 2 or 3 hours.  I am really happy with it, since it is my first ever time-lapse video.  I know what mistakes I made and I have ideas how to fix them next time.

Speaking of next time!
My second film: My Cube Painting 2012- time-lapse



So, I made changes to my process.  I mounted the camera to a fixed tripod, which fixed the shaky, aspect- EXCEPT, over the 17 hours I shot this, the battery died about seven times and the only way to fix it was to unscrew the camera from the tripod, replace battery, then re-mount the camera, which, although it was fixed, it wasn't so tight on the mount that I got no camera movement at all...  I am sad.  But I am still figuring out ways to make it better next time!

The third: Scene 189 of Star Wars- UNCUT!


This video is a collaboration between my friend, Harlan (Harley) Scroggins and myself.  Star Wars- UNCUT is a fan-made project, where the entire film is cut into 15 second sections and fans all over the world can film the sections any way they want.  Since Harley and I are such Star Wars fans, we just decided to bite the bullet and go for it!  We divided the work in half and pumped this baby out!  This was so much fun!  I'd like to try another scene perhaps for the next film.

So, I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment