Saturday, August 1, 2009

Drawing- Always Drawing

I feel like I am not drawing enough. I joined the Art League of Houston today, so now, I will officially be attending life drawing sessions twice a week (including The Artery every Wednesday) and Dr. Sketchy's (you know, for the fun of it...) once a month. And I am so totally not drawing enough... I need more. I filled 100 sheets of newsprint and had to buy a new pad of it today and I still feel like I am not doing enough.

I'm just not drawing enough. I should be doing more somehow. And none of my stuff seems any good. feh... I like some of it for a little while, then I'm just like- enh! How the heck am I going to come up with enough pieces to show schools at National Portfolio Day in October- LET ALONE MY ACTUAL PORTFOLIOS to submit for schools- if all my stuff keeps looking like crap?! *slump* Why did the year have to start flying by on me? It used to drag and draaaaag, now I'm looking at due dates in less than four months!!

Gawd, it really does seem like forever ago when I was in this EXACT situation for the first time... Wow! Time sure can fly on you! A smidge over a year ago is when I joined the zoo, started going to Dr. Sketchy's for the first time and felt like I could breathe again because I was drawing once more. NOW look at me! Drawing lots, filling my sketchbook (probably will finish this one by the time I submit it) and thinking, thinking, thinking about school constantly. I truly can't wait. I want it so badly.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. D:
    I have no idea what I'm going to do for classes in the fall. I'm going to go from drawing 5 days a week to only 1 or 2. I wish I could draw 7 days a week!
    It seems like you will be getting a lot done though, and you've improved a lot! You will probably make it in this year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be drawing like an INSANE person! I wouldn't be mourning just yet... because I'm pretty sure you WILL be drawing 7 days a week.
    I'm not feeling very positive about it right now, but thank you, sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete