Sunday, February 17, 2019

Animating on Rainy Days

UHG! The aggravation of finding a mistake in your animation that could EASILY be fixed in a computer program (i.e.: cheating) but on paper means that you basically have to reanimate half the scene!


Oh well! I do it anyway!

In other news, since starting from the beginning all over again with the basic ball bounce, I find myself making what I consider "rookie mistakes". They truly annoy the heck outta me! But instead of letting them shut me down and give me an excuse to give up for the day, I keep pushing through. I keep going. I am absolutely determined to learn from them and therefore- NOT MAKE THEM AGAIN!

All of this is just a beautiful reminder to me that I still feel like I have so much to learn. It is extremely humbling. And that's probably a good thing. So long as I don't start getting down on myself. And if I should start to doubt myself or my abilities again, I will simply plug in some of the animation I have done (the Simpsons couch gag or my brief work on Hullabaloo). I CAN animate. Just still have enough to learn. I am a draughtsman. I am a journeyman. Well.... Draughtswoman and journeywoman.

I'm cool with that!

1 comment:

  1. I know you’ve mentioned before that you aren’t interested in computer anim (I think you said this) but you should get into computer anim! Animation doesn’t have to be punishing!! Whether it’s puppet anim or 3D anim, it’s not showing weakness to use a computer. In fact you can focus on raw animation skills (posing, timing, etc) without having to worry about draftsmanship. I hope you consider it! And if helps get a job in the industry, well even if you’re not doing paper anim, at least you’re getting paid until a project that’s better suited comes along. Anyway, as someone who’s been burned out on drawing for awhile now, being proficient at 3D animation has really saved my butt. And who knows? Maybe you’ll love it! (Blender is free!! Clip studio pro has a really nice 2d anim feature)

    ReplyDelete