Sunday, February 22, 2009

puddle's Illusion of Life blog!

Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one.
-Brad Bird

Today is February 22nd, 2009. In less than a month (optimistically), I will know whether or not I am moving to San Francisco, California or Valencia, California to begin my life as an animation student. This blog's purpose is to document my path from wanna-be animator to animation student to (someday) professional animator.

Realistic prediction: I will be rejected my first try at California Institute of the Arts and will be "forced" to attend Academy of Art University in San Francisco. Whereupon, I will continue submitting my portfolio every year to CalArts until I am accepted into their Character Animation program.

Optimistic predicition: I will be ACCEPTED to CalArts (YAY!) and will move to Valencia to begin the next four toughest years of my life with the most amazing artists in the country.

Currently, I simply am suffering from the waiting game. Regardless of where the fate of the next year of my life resides, I will post my progress, failures, updates and all the little squishy stuff between the toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment